BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chloe

Chloe is a girl that I dated for a while and we got engaged. I was actually supposed to be getting married one month from tomorrow. Anyways we called it off about a month and a half ago. Since the time we had gotten engaged, things changed somewhere along the way and it just wasn't the same between us. Granted she was in St. George and I was up in Rexburg, it's a 7:30 hour drive, so I didn't see her too often. But I still managed to see her every other weekend to once every three weeks. But we'd talk on the phone every night and on video chat on skype a few nights a week. But being back in Rexburg without her and not being with her everyday made me realize that I didn't need her in my life in order to be happy. I could live without her. So we called it off because we both weren't feeling the best about it.
After a couple weeks we started talking again all the time and skyping it up so we could see each other and things seemed to be going really well. We were talking and enjoying talking to each other so I decided to make another trip down to St. George so that we could see if there was still anything between us. So last weekend I headed off to see if we could salvage a relationship. I won't lie, I was really hoping it would work out. I mean I still do love this girl. To put a long story short we ended up making out a bunch over the weekend but I didn't feel good about the whole thing. I told her that and she said it was okay. So the weekend was over and back to Rexburg I came.
Today she was talking to me on Skype and was a little ticked cause I didn't get on Skype last night. I had been really busy the night before and I explained it to her and she was okay. But then she asked if we were going to be talking every night or every other night. So I had a choice to make and I think I made the right one. I told her that when I was down there I was hoping that things would work out but that the spark was gone. The conversation went on for a bit and it ended well but we realized that it's over. It's not going to work.
Today was bittersweet. I hated having to tell her and hurt her like that but I felt like I needed to tell her so it wouldn't be like I was leading her on. I'm glad that she knows so that we can each start moving on but I really hate losing my best friend. I love her but it's for the best.

11 comments:

Seneca said...

That is sad, however, I think you made the right decision. I think it is wrong to lead people on, and hurts way worse.... like ripping off a bandaid. Kudos to you, that takes....uhm, guts.

Anonymous said...

Good for telling her over Skype how things are going to be. I reckon she was confused by you coming down and spending time, but again, good for telling how you feel.

Wesley Eff said...

I hope she wasn't confused by me coming down. I almost bailed on going down that week because I didn't want her to think that me being down there would make everything go back to how it used to be. I told her what I was worried about and she said that she knew that me going down there and us making out didn't mean that it would work. It would just mean that we both wanted to see if it would work.

And Seneca I'm glad I have....uhm, guts although I have no idea what uhm, guts are. ;)

Seneca said...

ha ha well, where I am from I tend to phrase it a little differently. I was told by some city slickers that it didn't sound lady like. :D Until we know eachother a little better I will only refer to your guts. :D

Seneca said...

Oh. My. Gosh. When I say 'until we know eachother a little better' I mean in the reading eachother's blogs sorta sense.

Wesley Eff said...

Where you are from they probably say it about the same as they do where I am from. And I knew what you meant by knowing each other better. No worries.

Wesley Eff said...

But if you want to get to know each other better, I'm alright by that. ;) Buahahaha

Seneca said...

Haha nice, you are such a guy. I OFTEN say things that are "dirty", or so my friends tell me. I just don't think that way and I don't know why everyone is laughing until I recount it to my family and they say, "Oh my gosh, you didn't." Okay good, then we are on the same page. :D

Wesley Eff said...

Yes Seneca I am in fact a guy. Glad we got that sorted out. Besides, like I'd really drive down to Arizona. Buahaha

Seneca said...

Haha very much so. Ya know the weather is fantastic.... practically year round swimming season. ;)

Wesley Eff said...

Well if you are trying to tempt me into coming down to Arizona to go swimming with you you may have to try a little harder. ;)